Letters of Intent for the 2014 Grant Cycle are accepted from: May 30 - August 31, 2013
VGIF provides small grants for
grassroots projects that
empower women and girls in developing countries.
We support women’s organizations based outside of the
United States by providing small grants for an array of community needs up to $7,500 USD.
What VGIF supports:
- Economic empowerment of women
- Community development
- Health and nutritional support
- Literacy and leadership training
- Educational seminars and workshops
- Promoting education in the sciences for girls
- Women’s human rights
- Organizations that are governed and directed by women.
VGIF does not consider requests for the following:
- Individual scholarships and tuition
- Political organizations
- Religious groups unless the proposed project contributes to the general good
of the community
- The construction of permanent buildings or the purchase of land
- Salaries for board members and permanent staff but may include stipends/honoraria for external resource people/trainers.
The funding cycle for 2014 begins June 1, 2013.