Request for Funding - Letter of Intent 2015
Letters of Intent for the 2015 Grant Cycle are accepted from: June 1 to July 31, 2014
We support women’s organizations based outside of the
United States by providing small grants for an array of community needs up to $7,500 USD.
What VGIF supports:
- Economic empowerment of women
- Community development
- Health and nutritional support
- Literacy and leadership training
- Educational seminars and workshops
- Promoting education in the sciences for girls
- Women’s human rights
- Organizations that are governed and directed by women.
VGIF does not consider requests for the following:
VGIF will consider inclusion of an amount, not to exceed 10% of the total grant, for administration of the project to the executing organization in the country where the project is located.
- Individual scholarships and tuition
- Political organizations
- Religious groups unless the proposed project contributes to the general good
of the community
- The construction of permanent buildings or the purchase of land
- Salaries for board members and permanent staff but may include stipends/honoraria for external resource people/trainers.